Grant Morrison’s Multiversity is the tool that DC is using to get continuity and universes ready for the coming Convergence. Morrison has been known for his use of multiple universes and “hypertime” as a way to clean up the past mistakes and to utilize the complicated storytelling devices to bring about mythological subtext. This Multiversity event has been coming since Final Crisis, and maintains many of the themes that made his work on that event, Batman, JLA, and other titles so important to superhero comics.
This miniseries is actually a series of one-shots that theoretically could be read out of order, but are easiest when followed in the direction they were released. This makes the reading order pretty easy since the one-shots have been more or less on an once a month schedule, with the last one being released in April.
The current Multiversity reading order is:
- Multiversity #1: Cosmic Neighborhood Watch
- Multiversity: Society of Superheroes #1: Conquers from the Counter-World!
- Multiversity: The Just #1: Earth-Me
- Multiversity: Pax Americana: In Which We Burn
- Multiversity: Thunderworld #1
- The Multiversity Guidebook
- Multiversity: Mastermen #1
- Multiversity: Ultra Comics #1 (March)
- Multiversity #2 (April)